The Higher Education Commission has requested applications to access the scientific instrumentation program. Under this program, postgraduate students registered in public sector universities may get their research samples analyzed from other public universities.
Regardless, due to the colleges’ non-availability of high-tech research equipment, the HEC prefers to share the equipment among the public sector universities. Moreover, this option is subject to the condition that students do not have the instruments in their university.
Following is the eligibility criteria announced for the access to scientific instrumentation program.
- MS/M.Phil/Ph.D. students enrolled in the public sector universities of Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- The concerned authorities should approve the student’s research proposal.
- The research supervisor of the applicant should be HEC, agreed.
- The applicant must use at least six weeks of the sample analysis.
- Students can only apply for those laboratory tests that are not available at the university in which they are enrolled.
- Tests could only be performed in laboratories, either at public sector universities or public sector organizations.
- The separate application form must be filled in if tests are performed in more than one laboratory.
- The maximum funding open for sample analysis of each applicant is Rs.200,000/ year from 1st July to 30th June.
- The supervisor has to endorse that the research proposal is approved, and the students have to report the result of the research sample analysis in the research work.
How To Apply
Researchers who fulfil the eligibility criteria may register themselves and apply around the year to access the public sector laboratories for the desired tests.
The students must meet all the requirements to avail the announced facility. Therefore, the application form should be submitted by considering the needs of HEC.